skip to navigationskip to main content

Non-Resident Landlords

Landlords (individuals, companies and trusts) who have UK rental income and whose place of ‘abode’ is outside the UK have a legal obligation of reporting and getting taxed on their rental income received in the UK.

Non-Resident Landlords have to register with HMRC under the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme (NRLS) in order to ensure that their tenants or letting agents are not passing on 20% withholding tax from the rental income to HMRC, who otherwise are obliged to do so.

How can we help?

If you are a Non-Resident Landlord, we can assist you with the following:

  • Advice on the tax implications of purchasing a UK rental property through a limited company (either established in the UK or overseas), trust (UK or overseas) or in your own name.
  • Registration under the Non-Resident Landlords Scheme, to avoid 20% tax withholding.
  • Preparation of rental accounts & advice on tax deductible expenses.
  • Preparation and submission of Annual Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
  • Completion of Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) Returns and ensuring that the relevant exemptions are being claimed.

If you are a Non-Resident Landlord – individual, company or a trustee, and you require help with any of the above, please contact us.

Our expert specialist services will take care of the rest:

Tax Planning & Advisory

Find out More

International Mobility & Foreign Investors

Find out More

Accountancy, Reporting & Compliance

Find out More

Business Advisory & Planning

Find out More