skip to navigationskip to main content

Tax Return Questionnaire


Section A: Personal Details

Section B: Income

Employer Name * Employment Start Date (if during tax year) Employment End Date (if during tax year) P60/P45 P11D (Benefits in Kind/Expenses Payments Received) Director/ Office Holder

If we do not prepare your accounts please provide accounting paperwork for your Accounting Period that ended in this tax year: details of income and expenses arisen or business accounts together with a note of any capital additions or disposals.

Please attach form(s) R185/R185E.

If a JOINT ACCOUNT, please enter only YOUR share below.

Bank/ Building Society * Account Number * Interest Received *
Company Name * Date Dividend Paid Dividend Received *

(e.g. interest on any foreign accounts, income from savings and investments abroad, dividends from any foreign holdings, details of all foreign: shares held, pension income, employment, rental etc.)

Type of Income * Company (if applicable) Country * Gross Amount * Net Amount * Foreign Tax Paid *

(e.g. state pension, pension payments from former employer, private pension)

Company name * P60
Item * Proceeds * Costs * Purchase Date * Selling Date *

Costs: please include the Purchase Price together with any improvement expenses, selling or purchase costs incurred.

Supporting Documents: please attach any contract notes for shares sold & bought, together with letters regarding bonus/scripts/rights issued; documents for options granted & exercised; all relevant details of any sales whether in the UK or overseas.

(Please DO NOT include Child Allowance or Child/Working Tax Credits)

Nature of Benefit * Gross Amount Received * Tax Deducted * P60/Statements
Property 1 Property 2 Property 3
Property Address
Your Share of Ownership (%)
Name of Co-Owner/s

Please enter below the TOTAL (100%) rental income and expenses in relation to the relevant property.

Rental Income Received
Mortgage Interest
Mortgage Arrangement Fees
Letting/Management Fees
Building Insurance
Advertising Costs
Service Charges
Ground Rent
Repairs & Maintenance
Council Tax & Water
Utility Bills
Travel Cost - visiting the property

Please enter below details of any other expenses incurred (including any replacement of furniture/kitchenware/white goods etc.).

Other Expenses

(Other than loans already included in your business accounts)

Please provide details on a separate sheet/document any income received you feel may be relevant. Also, please provide documentary evidence of the income or details of sources, when it first arose, amount received and if any tax was deducted.

(This may include: National Savings, other interest received, income from unit trusts, gains on UK Life Assurance Policies, bonds etc.)

Section C: Reliefs & Deductions

UK Registered Charity * Net Amount Donated *
Pension Company * Policy Number Employers Contributions * Employees/Personal Net Contributions * Select Method

Method 1: Gross Contributions

Your employer deducts your contributions from your salary before they deduct tax from your pay (Gross Contribution).This means that you receive full tax relief on the contribution ‘at source’.

Method 2: Net Contributions/ Relief at Source Method

Your employer takes your contribution from your net pay (after tax has been deducted but before they pay you) and pays this to your pension provider on your behalf. The pension provider then claims back basic rate tax at 20% from HMRC, and adds this to your pot. So, for example, if your employer has deducted a contribution of £1000 from your net pay, your pension provider claims back a further £25 so a total gross contribution of £125 is paid into your pension.

Method 3: Salary Sacrifice

Your employer makes all the contributions. There is a contractual agreement in place for the reduction in your salary to account for your contributions. A salary sacrifice arrangement is an agreement between an employer and an employee to change the terms of the employment contract to reduce the employee’s entitlement to cash paid. Therefore, pension contributions will be made by only the employer.

Method 4: Private Pension Contributions

You are making personal pension contributions directly from your bank account.

If pension contributions have been made through an employment scheme, please attach all your payslips for 2017/18 tax year.

Married couples and civil partners can transfer up to £1,150 of unused allowances between them. The partner whose income is below their allowance can transfer up to £1,150 of the excess, as long as their spouse is a 20% (basic rate) taxpayer. If this is applicable, we will contact you to obtain further information.

Please provide details of subscriptions to the Enterprise Investment Scheme, Venture Capital Trust, Community Investments, and Business Property Renovations etc. Copies of Certificates will be required, as applicable.

Section D: Other Information

Generally, you are a UK Tax resident if you spend at least 183 days of the tax year in the UK, or meet the conditions in accordance with the Statutory Residence Test as per HMRC law. Please refer to our Statutory Residence Test Flow Chart:

Our expert specialist services will take care of the rest:

Tax Planning & Advisory

Find out More

International Mobility & Foreign Investors

Find out More

Accountancy, Reporting & Compliance

Find out More

Business Advisory & Planning

Find out More